Rest at work? Isn’t that, well, wrong? Lazy? Unproductive?
True. Taking a nap at work may not be the best idea, although napping is becoming accepted as a healthy practice.
What I mean by rest though, is more of a state of mind, and some intentional actions.
- Accepting that you cannot control all aspects of your work.
- Letting go of some expectations of others, or at least making your expectations more realistic.
- Taking a few moments here and there to gaze beyond the computer and take a few deep breaths.
- Pulling up a #30secondsofhope and concentrating on it for the full amount of time.
- Taking the long way around for a restroom break, so you can get some steps and movement into your day.
- Taking a real lunch break away from the computer, and preferably, outside.
- Being content with your current salary/profit, even while taking steps to improve it.
- Thinking about serving others through your work more than serving yourself.
- Avoiding getting caught up in all the trending conflicts. (Related, take a break from social media.)
- Being grateful every day.
How about you? What would you add to this list?
Related Freebie: Grateful or Grumpy – Personal Reflection Guide – Grumpy or Grateful
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)